- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- PER SERVING: 446 cal., 20 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 138 mg chol., 624 mg sodium, 14 g carb. (4 g fiber, 7 g sugars), 50 g pro.
- 3 pounds meaty chicken pieces (breast halves, thighs, and drumsticks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup frozen small whole onions
- 1/4 cup dry vermouth
- 1 14 – ounce can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and halved
- Remove skin from chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and ground black pepper. In 12-inch skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat about 10 minutes or until golden brown, turning to brown evenly. Remove chicken.
- Add carrot and onions to skillet. Cook about 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add vermouth, stirring to scrape up browned bits. Return chicken to skillet. Pour broth over chicken; sprinkle with parsley, thyme, and rosemary.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink, adding mushrooms during last 10 minutes of cooking. Makes 4 (6 ounces cooked meat and 3/4 cup vegetables and sauce) servings.