- Servings Per Recipe: 2
- PER SERVING: 171 cal., 1 g total fat 66 mg chol., 326 mg sodium, 9 g carb. (1 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 27 g pro.
- In a large resealable plastic bag set in a deep bowl, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, and ginger. Add chicken strips. Seal bag and turn to coat chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Thread chicken onto two 10- to 12-inch-long skewers. For a charcoal grill, grill skewers on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 5 to 7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally to brown evenly. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place chicken skewers on grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
- Meanwhile, for peach salsa: In a small bowl, combine peach, sweet pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno pepper. Serve chicken skewers with peach salsa.
- *Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Sweet ‘N Low® Brown or Sugar Twin® Granulated Brown. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1 teaspoon brown sugar.
- *Sugar Substitutes: PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 162 cal., 325 g sod., 7 g carb.
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon packed brown sugar or brown sugar substitute* equivalent to 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut lengthwise into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 of a medium peach, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red sweet pepper
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped, seeded fresh jalapeno chile pepper**
** Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.