- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- PER SERVING: 254 cal., 7 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 50 mg chol., 596 mg sodium, 27 g carb. (3 g fiber), 21 g pro.
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14 1/2 – ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 2 carrots, cut into matchstick strips (1 cup)
- 2 cups packed torn fresh purple kale or spinach
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 9 – ounce package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- Cut the chicken into 3/4-inch pieces. In a Dutch oven heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken and garlic in hot oil for 5 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in chicken broth, mushrooms, water, carrots, kale (if using), and tarragon.
- Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 2 minutes. Add tortellini. Simmer, covered, for 5 to 6 minutes more or until tortellini is tender. Stir in the spinach (if using). Makes 6 (1 1/3-cup) servings.