- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- PER SERVING: 310 cal., 7 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 98 mg chol., 581 mg sodium, 46 g carb. (10 g fiber, 12 g sugars), 20 g pro.
- 3 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds carrots, halved crosswise and cut lengthwise into sticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 14 3/4 – ounce can pink salmon, drained, flaked, skin and bones removed
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red sweet pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 multigrain thin sandwich rolls, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium bowl combine the the first six ingredients (through salt). Stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Place carrots on baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with black pepper. Stir to coat. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until browned and tender.
- In a large bowl combine the salmon, bread crumbs, sweet pepper, green onions, and eggs. Shape into six 4-inch patties (about 1/3 cup each).
- Coat a very large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add patties and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Coat patty tops with nonstick cooking spray; turn. Cook 4 to 5 minutes more or until browned and cooked through (160 degrees F.). Place patties on sandwich rolls and top with coleslaw. Serve with roasted carrots.
Using sugar substitute in place of sugar in this recipe is not recommended.